Do you live in Bishan, Singapore? Or, you are a traveler. Looking for the best things to do in Bishan? In this article, I will reveal some of the best places for you to visit, eat and explore. Whether you like nature, restaurants, shopping malls, or, dating places, this article is for you.
The total area of Bishan is 7.62 km². And the total population is 88,010 according to the latest estimation. Bishan is a planning area and residential town located in the central region of Singapore. The town is bounded by Toa Payoh in the north, Ang Mo Kio in the west, Serangoon to the south, and Thomson to the east
5 Amazing Things To Do In Bishan
Beautiful parks and amazing food come to mind when people think about Bishan. We did some research and find out five great things for you to do in Bishan:
1. Visit, Eat, And Explore – Coffee Shops, Bars & Restaurants
If you are a real food lover, you might love these places. So, don’t miss the chance to eat and enjoy the places in Bishan:
Burp Kitchen & Bar: It’s affordable and elegant at the same time. You can enjoy beef, pork, or, tacos. Having brunch in Burp Kitchen & Bar would be a great idea.
Address: 510 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, Singapore, Singapore
Opening Hours: 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM Monday to Friday & 09:00 AM to 12:00 AM Saturday & Sunday
Covet Coffee: I am obsessed with coffee. The pleasing look and incredible taste will surely possess you for some time. Snacks and drinks are also available.
Address: 284 Bishan Street 22, #01-207, Singapore 570284
Opening Hours: 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM Daily
Denzy Gelato: Do you like homemade ice cream with a unique flavor? Denzy Gelato is only for you.
Address: 506 Bishan Street 11, #01-404, Singapore 570506
Opening Hours: 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM
2. Go Close To Nature- See Indigenous Plants
Bishan is a lovely place for the explorer. You have a lot of things to do in Bishan if you love nature. Here are some places to explore-
- Windsor Nature Park- A Place to see some rare plants
- Address: 30 Venus Dr, Singapore 573858
- Opening Hours: 07:00 AM to 07:00 Pm
- Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park: You can enjoy the wildlife, food, and river
- Address: 1384 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
- Opening Hours: 24 Hours daily
Apart from these two places, there are some parks and garden spas to enjoy.
If you want to learn more about different cultures and religions, you can visit the Harmony Center. People from different faiths and cultures came here to experience Muslim life and culture iin Singapore. Harmony Center serves as a hub to promote a greater understanding and awareness of people from all faith communities.
Address: 9A Bishan Street 14, Singapore
Opening Hours: 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday & Friday only
Do you like scary and adventurous roads? There is a lot to offer you in Bishan as this road is known as one of the most haunted locations in Singapore that you can still visit. If you are up for it, you can take a drive here on Devil’s Bend Road which was once part of a racing circuit infamous for its sharp bends that claimed several lives. There are a lot of stories and histories around the road.
Address: Old Upper Thomson Rd
5. Spend Romantic Time In A Quiet Place
Are you looking for a place for a couple to hang out? There are some great places in Bishan.
- MacRitchie Nature Trail & Reservoir Park: This is a calm and quiet place with scenic views in the forest. At the Treetop Walks, you can enjoy a tranquil 250-metre aerial free suspension bridge above the luxurious green foliage. Do put on your sunblock and mosquito repellents though, not only you have the possibility to get bites by your partner but also by mosquitoes!
- Address: MacRitchie Reservoir Park, Singapore 298717
- Opening Hours: 07:00 AM to 07:00 PM
- Junction 8: A shopping mall for those that want to have a date without breaking a sweat. The mall accommodates more than 170 stores after a major renovation in 2013. There’s even a cinema for those movie-goers!
- Address: 9 Bishan Pl, Singapore 579837
- Opening Hours: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are plenty of parks and nature reserves to explore. For those that would rather stay in the shade, there are museums, shopping centers, and libraries. After a day of shopping in Junction 8, there may be a chance that you would require additional funds for your expenses, do head down to 118 Credit as we are a money lender near Bishan with over 12 years of experience on money lending and borrowing!